Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mommy needed a night off

Well Monkey,

Last night you were as good as gold. I called Auntie Karen and untie Jo Jo and asked them to organize a night alone with mommy. I wanted her to get some time alone, relax without having to worry about you, so you and I had the night alone. It was fantastic. We watched a little but of TV and then sat down to eat some dinner. I guess you didn't like my suggestion because the peas and potatoes never really left the plate. I think you enjoyed my dessert selection however as you seemed to gobble that up without breathing. Then the piece de resistance.......puffs. My GOD do you love that stuff.

Anyway you were fantastic last night monkey. After dinner we watched a bit of hockey, then went upstairs for a bath. We splashed and played for about 20 minutes before finally preparing for bed. Mommy usually puts you to bed right away but since she wasn't home I snuck you downstairs to watch the remainder of the Montreal Canadiens Vs Chicago Blackhawks game. You seem to genuinely love hockey and it appeared to put you at ease as you watched the game and fell asleep in daddy's arms.

You went to bed without a peep and slept right straight through until mommy came home and took a shower at around 11:30.......it was a great night and a joy to be alone with y0u monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment