Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sleeping

Wednesday April 8, 2009

We went through a spell of a month or so where you just wanted absolutely nothing to do with sleeping. You would wake at all hours of the night, spend a long time sleeping and crying, ultimately fall asleep bent over from pure exhaustion but for the last month or so you have been a little Angel. When it is bedtime, it is bedtime. You hit the mattress and zonk out until morning. Sleep about 11-12 hours consecutively before waking in the morning. To make matters even better, you have on occasion been know to sleep in even later to wake after 10:00 allowing mommy and daddy to sleep in. It just feels so great.

The only downfall is that you sleep so early. Daddy is lucky that I get home from work at 4:30 so I have time to spend with you every day but when mommy starts work in a couple of months then she has been known to get home between 6:45 and 7:00. With you sleeping at 7:30 it just does not give mommy enough time to spend with you.

On another note, I am so lucky to ahve you in my life. Last night watching the late news there was a feature of a young couple in Toronto who have been faced with the dillema of having to turn off a breathing monitor of their little daughter. There little girl Kaylee has a condition which prevents her from sleeping at night. WIthout the monitor she can pass away at any time. Daddy started to cry thinking of what I would do if I was faced witht he same situation. I am getting teary eyed now as I speak of this because the thought of you not in my life is unimaginable. The thought of being faced with such a decision, life altering. I am so fortunate to have you healthy and happy. I love you monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment