Friday, March 13, 2009

Diary for My Little Monkey

Life is short, anyone can be here today and gone tomorrow. I want to make everyday count should my time come to pass. I have wanted to do this for quite some time, but have never really had the opportunity to sit down and figure this out. One day I hope you can sit down and read this entire posting and appreciate the love the have for you and what you have meant to us both. Truth is my life changed about 9 months ago when my beautiful wife and your wonderful mom Melody gave birth to such a precious gift, thats you my Little Monkey.

Your mom and I were never the loving parents type, we awere afraid that a child would change our retirement plans, our vacation plans and our life in general. Although Auntie Kimmy and Amanada had children of their own, the family bug never really hit your mom and I as we were too busy doing the things we loved. What we didn't realize is that although some of these immaterial things may have changed, what you have brought into our lives is just beyond words. You mean the life to your mom and I and one day many years from now when you reflect back on this......you will know it.

Montreal, Qc, Canada March 12th, 8:30 am

You are days removed removed from your 9 month birthday. These past 9 months have seen so many ups and downs that I cannot even begin to explain. You have grown so fast from that little 7 lb, 10 oz bundle of joy when you came out June 11 2008 to the now crawling and cooeing highlite of my day. You have grown from a crying little girl, to the apple of my eye. You are still not able to say mommy or mom which is something I remind Mel of every day but my heart melts when you look right at me, open your arms and call out dada. An overwhelming sense of achievement rushes through my body, as I walk through the doors from work every day. You are growing way too fast my little monkey.....but you are getting cuter and cuter with each passing second.

I cannot go on much longer because to be 100% honest with you, I am exhausted. You are more than a handful at night as your stubborness refuses to fall asleep alone. Most days you do not nap, most nights you refuse to fall asleep, and every night you wake up continuously calling out my name...dada....dada. Mommy slept for 2 hours last night even though you are already 9 months and despite the fact that I stayed in bed, I slept to more than maybe 3 or 3.5 hours. We have only 2 and half more months to try to sleep and nap train you before you start daycare but everything we try ends in disaster. This morning I picked you up and held you on my chest and as I ksised those bubbly little cheeks, I begged and pleaded for you to just try to learn to sleep on your own love. Let mommy and daddy sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment