Monday, March 16, 2009

Long weekend

Montreal, Quebec, Monday March 16, 2009 8:13 am

Hey monkey.....why won't you sleep. Mommy and daddy are sooooo tired right now but you just won't sleep. 2 nights ago daddy was the one who stayed up with you. We put you to bed at around 7:30 and you slept to about 11:30 but from that point on you would wake every 45 minutes or so......you are exhausted, you are cranky yet you just refuse to sleep. You absolutely hate being alone but we have heard way too many horror stories from parents who bring there children into bed. The only alternatives are to let you cry all night or to stay by your bed side. Mommy believes that letting you cry to figure it out is what will work best but I hate it. I hate walking into your room and seeing the tears flow down as you standing your crib and call out dada dada. Please baby you have to start sleeping because you are tiring us out so much.

2 nights ago I stayed by your bed side all night long. I was there from 11:30 until 6:45 in the morning just sitting in your rocking chair, dozing in and out. You look like such an angel holding onto your little frog stuffy grasping your ear and staring right into my eyes. You are so stubborn though because you are so quiet and peaceful as long as you know I am there.......but will scream and scratch yourself the second you realize I might be back in my room. We think you suffer from separation anxiety but your doctor just says it is typical baby reactions. Either way monkey, please start to sleep on your own because mommy and daddy are getting no more than 3 hours of sleep a night. Please angel.........I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment